I know, the blog — like my mind — is a little disorganized. There also seems to be what feels like a bajillion posts. Yet if you’re looking to read some pieces I’m particularly proud of, here’s a thematic list you may find helpful!
- Brazil — probably the most transformative and rewarding year of my life (thus far). For easy navigation, it’s a category on my blog which you can click. 🙂
- The Long, Long Summer of 2016, which has posts on Paris (Day 1/2, Day 1, Day 2), Annecy (Day 3, 4, 5), Lyon (Day 6, Day 7), my experience with WWOOF (Day 8 – 22), San Sebastián (Day 23, 24), Córdoba (Day 25, 26), Ronda (Day 27, 28), Madrid and Hong Kong (Day 29-31).
- The Scandinavia Series (2015), in which I write about Stockholm (upon arrival and Day 1), Örebro (Day 2, 3), Copenhagen & Aarhus (Day 4, 5), Aalborg and Copenhagen (Day 6, 7), and the sad, sad departure.
- Summer in Spain (2014), in which I write about Madrid (in the dawn and in the day), Toledo, La Mancha, Córdoba, as well as Sevilla and Ronda.
(Whew! That was a lot of hyperlinking.)
- Alain de Botton and what I’ve learnt from his authorship
- Sylvia Plath and the beauty of her life and writing
- My thoughts during exam time, which (surprise, surprise) weren’t all exam related
- A tearful post-movie ‘review’ (if you could call it such) after watching my all-time favorite film, Before Sunrise
- My reflections from Hong Kong’s Art Basel exhibition (with a bit of Muriel Barbery mixed in)
- My post on body-image and what Brazil had to do with it
- My posts on meat-free living, which you can find here, here and here 🙂
ON LIFE (o what profundity!):
- On reconciliation with time
- On reconciliation with the more sour parts of life
- On the importance of solitude
- On the concept of productivity
- On the art of capturing moments
ON LANGUAGE & CULTURE:
- Several pieces about my Korean identity: on mother tongue, cultural application, being Asian
- My attempts at French, Arabic, with little bits and bobs of Tim Doner luvin’ in between 😉
I’m sure this page will endure many changes here and there in the near and far future, so stay tuned!